Now is the time for The Crossing to look into the future! It is with great excitement that we embark on our Crossing into the Future capital campaign and building project. Listen to our audio updates below or check our brochure in the cafe lobby by the renderings. Check back to see what work is being done.
Renovate the Chapel to Create a New Worship Space.
- Redesign and renovate the chapel space to allow for seating of 400-450 people.
- Create an innovative multimedia and broadcast capable worship venue with a new stage.
- Reclaim the gymnasium to provide for outreach and additional ministry space. Relocating the worship space to the chapel will allow us to reach our community in new and creative ways.
New Entrance and Gathering Space
- Construct a single, obvious point of entry that is warm, light-filled, welcoming, and engaging. It will also provide for a safer and more secure facility.
- The gathering space will be spacious and inviting. The Connection Center will move to this space and the cafe seating will be expanded.
Fill out a Commitment Card (extras can be found at the Connection Desk).
Donate at Saturday & Sunday services with cash or checks (designate to the capital campaign).
Use your bank's bill pay system for either a one time gift or recurring gifts (designate to the capital campaign).
Click on GIVE or the Give Now button below to give online now (choose capital campaign 2019 from the giving type drop-down).
Download and use our church app - Washington Crossing UMC (designate to the capital campaign).
Frequently Asked Questions
Is this instead of our Annual Stewardship Campaign?
No, this is not instead of our Annual Stewardship Campaign, but in addition to it.
When will my contributions begin?
Your contributions can begin as soon as you would like…several gifts have already been received! Some may choose to give an upfront gift, while some may decide to give weekly, monthly, quarterly, or annually.
How do I pay for my campaign pledge?
Your contributions can begin as soon as you would like…over $650,000 in gifts have already been received! See several giving options above. A separate account has been established to partition the capital campaign funds from regular annual pledges.
When will work begin?
It already has. The actual construction is forecasted to begin in Spring 2020.
Where can I continue to find updated information?
You can find updates on the capital campaign right here on this page.
Thank you for all your continued prayers and support!